Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Hello Peter,
Many thanks for that link. Just one more question, is it the desktop version i should get or the alternate version?
Many thanks,
Christian

On 2006-10-31 at 09:48 Peter Korn wrote:

Hi Christian,

Joanie Diggs has put together an excellent tutorial on installing Ubuntu with speech at: http://live.gnome.org/Orca/UbuntuEdgyEft Quick summary: press a few keystrokes at the LiveCD splash screen (when the CD stops whirring/spinning), and then do the install invoked as root from the command-line (rather than via the GUI). It is a little more cumbersome than what non-speech users need - and the problems preventing it being more smooth are being worked on.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Hi all,
I havent tried it yet, but is it now possible to install Ubuntu without
any problems with speech?
Many thanks,
Christian