Re: [Kde-accessibility] Gnome-braille.

Samuel Thibault wrote:
Bill Haneman, le Thu 19 Oct 2006 00:19:04 +0100, a écrit :
Sorry, following up on my own email:

The unicode methods we use (we need these or their functional equivalents):

(easy ones first)
g_ucs4_to_utf8
g_utf8_strlen
g_utf8_offset_to_pointer
g_utf8_get_char
g_utf8_next_char
g_unichar_to_utf8
g_utf8_validate

iconv should be fine for this
Actually, I don't think so - it doesn't include offset_to_pointer functionality AFAICT, nor character iteration. libicu has this I think....
(now the hard ones...)
g_unichar_break_type
g_unicode_canonical_decomposition

libicu should be fine for this.
I wasn't too impressed when I last used ICU but that was awhile back. We don't need great speed/performance here so it may work; I'll have a look.

Bill
Samuel