Re: Fire Vox [ was Re: Orca and Firefox ]

I just spoke with Charles, the author, and he would prefer if someone (or this list) would handle Linux support issues since he doesn't have a Linux box. He's still interested in general usability issues of Fire Vox itself -- just not specific Linux compatibility details.

He says that if you have Orca or FreeTTS running, then getting Fire Vox to run shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise you may have issues getting the text to speech to work.

I think it would be great if people give Fire Vox a try and tell the list how it goes.

- Aaron

Aaron Leventhal wrote:
For browsing on Linux, people can try the Fire Vox extension. I've CC'd
the author, Charles Chen, who can help with any questions.

Note, I haven't heard any feedback on how well it works. A few people should give it a try and let the list know if it helps them. It's possible to redefine the keys if you don't like the default set up.

Here it is: https://webspace.utexas.edu/chencl1/clc-4-tts/

- Aaron