Re: development/contributing

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 11:28:21PM -0800, Juan Hernandez wrote:
> 1.  I am totally blind, what platforms do orca and gnopernicus run the best
> on, or more exactly what platforms do you all run them the most successfully
> on?
They're tested and supported under Linux and Solaris. Most people (judging by
discussions on the list) run them on Linux. Which Linux distribution is best
under the circumstances depends on the user's needs and preferences.

> 2.  is orca open for development by external people?  or is it only a sun
> project?
I'm sure it is open for development by whoever would like to contribute.

> 3.  I am not sure, but is orca written in java?
I haven't downloaded it, but if I remember correctly it's written in Python.
http://www.python.org/
If you are not familiar with Python, a tutorial is available at the
above-mentioned Web site.