Re: Selecting gnome-speech drivers

Hi:

gnome-speech merely offers up a system for selecting/activating known speech drivers, with no particular speech driver being the 'default.' It is up to the assistive technology to decide what to do with them. To make sure your system is configured with the speech dispatcher driver correctly, you can run the gnome-speech 'test- speech' (/usr/bin/test-speech) application. If a gnome-speech driver doesn't work with it, the gnome-speech driver will not work with the screen reader.

Will