Re: Gnopernicus Not talking on ubuntu 6.06 desktop]

----- Forwarded message from "Fco. Javier Dorado Martínez" <javier tiflolinux org> -----

Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:27:51 +0200
From: "Fco. Javier Dorado Martínez" <javier tiflolinux org>
To: ben mustill-rose <bmustillrose gmail com>
Subject: Re: Gnopernicus Not talking on ubuntu 6.06 desktop

Hi all

Ben, the problem with Gnopernicus not speaking at startup is a question of the sound system, not availability on sound system when Gnopernicus start, so speech is disabled.
You can quit gnopernicus by presing alt + q and then restaring it again by pressing alt + f2 and then typing gnopernicus plus enter key.

I don't know Hal, so I can give you ore detail about differents. You can change speech settings  by pressing 0 + 8 in the numeric keypad, so you can hear "layer 8" and then use 4 and 6 numeric keypad to decrease/increase speech rate, 7 and 9 for volume and 1 or 3 for pitch.
All the functionality of Gnopernicus screen reader is based on the numeric keypad, and based in layers. So you have 10 layers with differents functions. Press 00 for layer 0, 01 for layer 1 and so.

Hope this help

Regards,

Javier.