Re: gnopernicus-magnifier. Full screen magnifier with dummy driver

2006/6/9, Peter Korn <Peter Korn sun com>:
This is a problem with our current magnification architecture.  We are
looking forward to magnifiers that are based on several X extensions -
most especially the COMPOSITE extension - which will allow us to avoid
this bit of hackery.  Unfortunately we aren't quite ready with those yet.

Thanks for all the answers.

I know (i just read its web) that Composite does (will do?) more
things, not only full screen magnifier, but at least on suse based
distro's there is a modifier for xorg that enables to add "virtual
resolution". So, you can define the screen resolution (1024x768) and
then the virtual resolution 1600x1200 (the resolution for the
desktop). This way it works like full screen magnifier.
I've done it with SaX2 application (YaST2), but it just adds a new
entry " Virtual 1600 1200" on each subsection "Display" of section
"Screen"

The differences i've seen so far are mainly all the functionalities
that gnome-mag can do: change cursor, change the way screen move....
But may be it's an easier way to magnify the screen :-)

Thanks for all
--
* Ermengol *