Re: gnopernicus, java, and access bridge on FreeBSD

Hello, Dave.
Gnome has three different areas of access which can be turned on or off depending on the level of accessibility you are aiming for. The first is controled by gconf. When you answer yes to accessibility when gnopernicus first loads the following
key is set to true
gconftool-2 --set "/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility" --type boolean "True") I haven't tested this lately, but if you type that key in to a standard bash shell prompt it would equal answering yes to the do you want access turned on when gnopernicus starts. The second flag which you can set turns the atk-bridge on for apps such as gaim which won't work without it. To turn the atk-bridge on add this line to the end of your home .bash_profile.
export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge
Assuming you have java access bridge installed, which I know you don't at this time, you can create a .orbitrc file in your home directory with gedit, nano, or another favorite text editor and add the following line.
ORBIIOPIPv4=1
I'm not sure if you still need this as it has been a while since I did an update on everything, but to work with open office you needed to set
SAL_ACCESSIBILITY_ENABLED=1
to get full access to OpenOffice.org.

Hope this helps.