Problem with orca

Title: Message
Hello

I have just installed orca 0.2.4 on my fedora core 5 laptop.  The compilation went without errors.  However, when I load orca, it says "orca initialised, switching to focus tracking mode", and then speech stops.  I am informed that a message saying that the gnome panel has unexpectedly quit is displayed.

I had this same problem with the version of gnopernicus shipped with fc5, but when I reinstalled from source it was resolved.

Has anyone come across this before?

Alastair Irving
e-mail (and MSN): alastairirving19 hotmail com