Re: unzipping the latest orca and dectalk

Hi, Michael.

How do I unzip the files I downloaded from the Orca site which is the latest Orca and also unzip my copy of Dectalk?

Michael, the program used for unzipping most things in Linux is called tar. Open a Gnome-terminal window so you have a command line. Cd to the directory where your files are such as
cd downloads
and then run the command tar to unpack the files.
If unzipping a *.tar.gz file it is
tar -xzf filename.tar.gz
If it is a *.tar.bz2 package if memory serves me correctly the command is
tar -xjf filename.tar.bz2
If you have any questions about tar a good place to look for answers is the tar manual. You can read the tar manual by doing
man tar
in gnome-terminal.

Hth.