Re: dectalk for linux and orca

Hi, Cody.
Well, you will have to first install the Dectalk RT for Linux, uninstall gnome-speech, and recompile gnome-speech from scratch to get the driver. As for orca I have always built my orca from cvs sources, and can not say one way or another if you will have to reinstall orca. I believe Orca should just find the new drivers and hopefully cope. If it does not then you will have to reinstall and or compile orca. As for the Dectalk I don't believe they have a demo for Linux. However, I can say it is worth the %$50 you put out for it.
Hth.

Cody Hurst wrote:
HI all,

  I'm thinking about buying dectalk, but orca is already set up. does
this mean I need to uninstall orca, install dectalk and gnome-speech
then install orca again? Also, is there a demo I can try for linuc
before hand?

Cody