Re: purchasing software dectalk

Hello, Michael.
The software tts engine being used at CSUN was the Dectalk RT for Linux version 4.6.4.However, the newer 5.0 version will work as well with Orca, but some feel the new 5 voice isn't as good as 4.6.4. Anyway, the Fonix web site is a real pain to use. Since I have saved this in my favorites here is the direct url to get to the Linux Dectalk RT purchase page.
http://fonixspeech.com/pages/dectalk_rt_purchase.php

MICHAEL WEAVER wrote:
I was trying to get a decent software synthesiser for when I eventually get Orca
running.
I heard the demo of Orca being used with a nice sounding synthesiser, possibly the dectalk only when I use my Windows Screenreader to download this synthesiser or
purchase it, the onclick seems not to do anything on  the website for this.
The default synthesiser I heard when trying to run Gnopernicus wasn't the best sounding of things, the speech was understandable just about but I use a laptop at my Linux grou[p and it tends to get nosy in Vox Bar or all the upstairs noise comes down
to those of us discussing Linux.
How can I either get this synthesiser or if not could someone suggest one that might
work just as well as the Dectalk?
On the website it talked about it being a good synthesiser in a noisy background
which you can say Vox Bar is as it is a student place I think.
Hope someone can help.