Re: which file for Orca

Hello, Michael.
It doesn't matter if you get a *.tar.gz or a *tar.bz2 package as you can easily uncompress them both with tar. However, the bz2 package is better compressed, smaller, so if you are on dialup it makes it easier to grab.
The current version I have is 0.2.6 which I compiled from raw sources.

MICHAEL WEAVER wrote:
Which file should I download for the latest version of Orca if the one packaged for Ubuntu in Universe is out of date or doesn't it matter as to which format type
is used?
Do I need the one with the .ta extention or the .bz2 extention?
I might be able to burn the two zipped files to CD but I don't know if both would try to be uncompressed at the same time and cause a problem if I put the CD in my
laptop which is why I ask which file extention?
I would be doing it this way because I am getting help to install Orca from someone
at a couple of LUGs I attend.