Re: Am I best off using the I386 or the 64 bit version of Ubuntu?

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 09:17:44AM -0400, Willie Walker wrote:
> If you are using gnome-speech, please keep in mind the availability of
> 64-bit support for the speech engine you plan to use.
An alternative here is to use Orca with an Emacspeak speech server. Build a
32-bit version of tcl to run the speech server with a 32-bit synthesizer.
64-bit applications can then execute the speech server.

This is not a good or convenient solution, but it does work.