Re: gok usage

Hi Steph,

Thanks for your email, I try to respond below:

S. ancelot wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know if it is possible to act on gok behavour.
I only actiovated the keyboard compose fonction.

I encountered following problems :
1) gok window appears each time I open a new application.
I would like it only to appear when I choose to show it thanks to the show button.

Are you referring to a case where you have hidden gok? (i.e. selected the hide key)

Whenever there is a window activation event GOK warps to its main keyboard (and checks the window GUI for accessible menus, toolbars etc.) We could perhaps not do this in the case when GOK has been hidden... but it is important that the user experience consistency. I'm not sure we would gain much either. Suppose the user has hidden GOK to do some reading and a dialog pops up... wouldn't it be best to have GOK ready for use to dismiss the dialog? Sorry if I have misinterpreted your problem.

2) When I maximize application , window size fits well with gok layout, but not when I launch my application the first time.

Are you using gok in "docked" mode?
3) Is it possible for gok keyboard to be hidden automatically if no action on it has been done for a while ?

We could implement this but I'm not sure we should. Could you explain the advantage?

cheers,

Best Regards
Steph@