setting up orca in ubuntu

Is the problem of setting up Orca on Ubuntu Live something to do with amount of RAM which leads to some people being able to launch accessability when Ubuntu Live boots and some have to enter Ubuntu, run Orca from ALT F2, set it up that way, log out and do ALT F2 orca again to get speech working? I have noticed the same problem in both Edgy and Feisty when running both CDs as Live, Edgy is very sluggish and I didn't manage to even run applications it seemed that slow on both my Desktop and laptop and I have noticed I can run the Orca setup in Feisty but when I logout to make the settings to take effect and try and login, I get the drums and the whole thing just halts.