copying settings

If I get Ubuntu Edgy working with Speakup and a software synthesiser other than Festival running and also have whatever software synthesiser I configure working with Orca, can I copy those settings from one computer to another ie if the chap from my Linux User Group sets me up with Espeak or Dectalk on my desktop which has an Internet connection, can I make a copy of those settings and transfer them to my laptop so I can have the same settings for the synthesiser I am using on my desktop machine?