FW: GDM accessibility sans AT-SPI

Agreed with Peter and Bill, why re-invent the wheel?

Takeing this to the next logical step.

If you have a normal un-disabled user they would not want AT-SPI or similar
technology launched at this point, only those of us who need it.

I don't know how practical or codeable it would be but if prior to log on
you could set the code to examine the users built on the system and if the
user profile has Assistive Technologies enabled you start the AT-SPI and
required apps before log in.

OK, next question what about multi user systems?  Again I think if any of
the users have Assistive Technologies enabled you would need to load that up
as default as until the log in screen is completed you won't know which user
is logging in.  At After log in AT-SPI could either be killed or left
running.

Obviously if this marker was not set then you progress as normal.

Maybe also some type of indicator on the dialogue box as well to show that
Assistive Technologies is activated and runing too?

Just a few more thoughts for the melting pot.

Ian