Re: eSpeak support in Orca -- what is the best way?

Hi,
For a live cd, I think you would not find a smaller synth that is clear
enough to be understood the first time around than Espeak.
Espeak has indexing, pitch/volume/rate selection and some support for
punctuation speaking.
One advantage of using speech-dispatcher, is that one can run speakup and
orca on the same machine without the two fighting about access to the
sound card.
Now that espeak has an API, one should be able to make a better
speech-dispatcher module for it.  I think some work has been done on that.
Is Espeak included in Ubuntu?
Regards, Willem