Can't get edgy to boot; also, Orca from powerpc cd?

I realize I might have to go to the ubuntu forum on this but thought I'd check for answers here first. I had not trouble booting the Dapper Drake cd though I didn't get gnopernicus to work. Decided to try the daily iso for i386 using the link from the Orca howto for edgy; have tried this tree times in the last couple of days. I appear to have created nice coasters instead of bootable cds as the iso seems to start up and then reboots my machine; this happens forever until I remove the iso. The md5sums are ok. Is there a parameter I need to use to get this to boot?

Also, will orca work from the powerpc live cd or not?

Thanks.

--
Cheryl
"Where your treasure is,