Re: Ubuntu Dapper Drake for AMD64 and speech

since speech doesn't start up either, and since others are reporting not being able to start up with the "blindness" accessibility choice, I'm thinking there's more of a problem than just brltty and/or festival.

As far as I've tracked down the problem there must be something going wrong near the Bonobo interface. Gnome-speech doesn't run i.e. I get an error when running the test-speech application saying that ther's been an exception in Corba/Bonobo communication. Is anyone else able to run gnome-speech under 64 bit Linux i.e. run the test-speech application without errors?

/Roland