Setting up Orca under debian unstable

I have encountered the same error that Jason White reported in debian unstable trying to set up orca (see below). The only solution i saw in the archives involved running orca --setup from gnome-terminal "blind", with no speech or braille output. I'm not very eager to do this. Has anybody found a better solution for this problem? i am trying to set up orca 0.2.8.

Tia.

Running orca --setup, I get the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/orca/orca.py", line 45, in ?
    import atspi
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/orca/atspi.py", line 49, in ?
    ORBit.CORBA.ORB_init(orb_id="orbit-io-thread")
TypeError: ORB_init() takes no keyword arguments

--
Cheryl
"Where your treasure is,