Re: Gnopernicus, brltty and debian

Okay. We discovered that braille is started in the startup box but the is no list of option in preferences/braille/device. It gives one choice that being none.

Or at least so I am told. I might add that speech does not work on that computer because linux doesn't like the sound card. We are searching for a different one (if we have one) but at this point I must rely on braille and/or sighted help.

Tom

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 08:06:46 +0300
From: remus draica <rd baum ro>
To: Tom Masterson <kd7cyu yahoo com>
Cc: Gnome accessibility <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: Gnopernicus, brltty and debian

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 07:05 -0700, Tom Masterson wrote:

Hi,

Gnopernicus has an UI from which you can configure it. So, no need to
use or look into gconf keys.

The dialogs you have to look at are:
 1. Startup Mode (make sure that braille is on--- the check box is
checked)
 2. Preferences / 2 Braille / Braille Device (make sure that brltty is
selected)

Regards,
Remus

Iterestingly when I finally got a sighted colleague to look at it in gnome
here is what we find.

using gconftool-2 at the console the device shows as brltty however in
gnome it shows as none and there is no drop down to select from.  I fond
that at the end of day yesterday and am looking into it further today.

Note that none of my colleagues have worked with screen reader technology
before so I am having to do some interpretation of what they are reading.

Tom