Re: setting up dectalk

Hi Michael:

In the DECtalk directory that was created when you uncompressed it, you
will find these two files:

install.sh
locations.sh

My advice is to modify locations.sh to modify the first line (and only
the first line) to say:

BASE_DIR="/usr"

Then, run ./install.sh.  You may need to do a "chmod +x install.sh" for
this to work.  If DECtalk doesn't speak, then it's most likely a sound
card configuration problem and you might try turning off ESD from the
Sound preferences dialog.

Will