Re: Support for speech-dispatcher (was Re: Making Orca the default screen reader?)

Willie Walker píše v Pá 14. 04. 2006 v 09:44 -0400:
> The speech-dispatcher folks wrote a gnome-speech driver for
> speech-dispatcher and graciously contributed it to the gnome-speech
> project.

Hello,

while I hope the Speech Dispatcher driver for Gnome Speech which we
developed is a usefull thing, I do not think it is a full solution. It
has several problems, mainly because of trying to serialize two
solutions formerly designed to sit at the same level. The main problem
currently is that this combination can't switch voices according to
changes in language, which is a big drawback.

I definitely see a lot of potential for a Speech Dispatcher output
in Orca living next to the Gnome Speech output. There is a Python
convenience library for Speech Dispatcher already existing.

At the same time, I must say both Orca and Speech Dispatcher developers
are very busy trying to ensure both technologies work to their best.
We would definitely appreciate some external help with this.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke