Re: full screen magnification 1/4 of the screen

Hi Jason:

If you want your magnifier to follow the mouse in fullscreen mode, you need to specify the "-m" option along with the others on your command line. Otherwise, it's just awaiting instructions from some other client such as gnopernicus.

Note also that for more featureful magnification, you may want to try the gnopernicus screenreader-and-magnifier's magnification features.

Bill

Jason Grieves wrote:

Hello,

First this is a GREAT group of people keeping this mailing list alive and running well. Thanks for all of the input. I found one post on google about my problem, and that was about it.

full scren magnificaiton only takes 1/4 of the screen on my AIX box. I tested this on Ubuntu and had great success using full screen magnification. I was curious if anyone could help me diagnois this one.

Setup
AIX 5.3D
Gnome 2.10 (and gnopernicus version that game with it)
xvfb (firtual frame buffer) the "dummy"

I know the virtual frame buffer is working correctly. the VFB is the default (what is being displayed on my single screen). I have the source as the graphics (0.0) and the target as the vfb (0.1)

i have an xinit file which loads the keymapping then runs
magnifier -s:0.0 -t:0.1 -f and gnome session

magnifier kicks in, flashes hte whole screen, then updates only 1/4 of the screen with the new mangification. The other 3/4 is a garbled mess (see some left over cross hair and gray portions)

the 1/4 magnifies correctly and looks clean, but does not follow the cursor like my testing is ubuntu.

any help is appreciated.

Jason Grieves