full screen magnification 1/4 of the screen

Hello,

First this is a GREAT group of people keeping this mailing list alive and running well. Thanks for all of the input. I found one post on google about my problem, and that was about it.

full scren magnificaiton only takes 1/4 of the screen on my AIX box. I tested this on Ubuntu and had great success using full screen magnification. I was curious if anyone could help me diagnois this one.

Setup
AIX 5.3D
Gnome 2.10 (and gnopernicus version that game with it)
xvfb (firtual frame buffer) the "dummy"

I know the virtual frame buffer is working correctly. the VFB is the default (what is being displayed on my single screen). I have the source as the graphics (0.0) and the target as the vfb (0.1)

i have an xinit file which loads the keymapping then runs
magnifier -s:0.0 -t:0.1 -f and gnome session

magnifier kicks in, flashes hte whole screen, then updates only 1/4 of the screen with the new mangification. The other 3/4 is a garbled mess (see some left over cross hair and gray portions)

the 1/4 magnifies correctly and looks clean, but does not follow the cursor like my testing is ubuntu.

any help is appreciated.

Jason Grieves