Re: gnopernicus problem [with Ubuntu]

Hi Bram,

I installed my laptop with a fresh ubuntu a few days ago. I downloaded
and compiled latest gnome-speech and gnopernicus tarballs from the
gnome ftp server, now I get the following error in .xsession-errors:

(srcore:9601): Gnome-WARNING **: Accessibility: failed to find module 'libatk-bridge' which is needed to
make this application accessible

What could the problem be?

I believe the Ubuntu folks failed to install a critical infrastructure piece: libatk-bridge. I discovered this last week when playing with the Ubuntu-based GNOME 2.12 Live CD (see http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/korn/20050908 for details).

I've cc-ed Jeff Waugh who is deeply involved in all good and technical things in Ubuntu, and cares a good deal about accessibility too. He may be able to help you (and perhaps also fix whatever is broken in Ubuntu, if he hasn't already done so from our conversation last week).

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team