Re: gnopernicus 0.10.4 + Firefox 1.0.7 not talking

Hi Jason,

To expand on Bill's comments below, the Sun mozilla/firefox accessibility team has begun working specifically on firefox accessibility. Louie Zhao <louie dot zhao at Sun dot com> is one of the key folks working on this. I've cc-ed him on this message.

You wrote in your original message (attached) that you aren't getting anything in the firefox you compiled for AIX, but are getting output from Ubuntu. I believe there are specific compile-time flags needed to turn on some of the accessibility machinery - Louie should be able to confirm this.

We've just begun tracking Firefox accessibility bugs; you can find our short firefox-specific list at:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=Firefox&component=Disability%20Access&version=Trunk&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&resolution=---&op_sys=Linux&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=exact&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailtype2=exact&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&order=bugs.bug_id&query_based_on=

For more information, please see the UNIX mozilla home page at: http://www.mozilla.org/access/unix/

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team

Bill Haneman wrote:
Hi Jason.

I'm asking around about what should be expected from Firefox. As you say, it seems it should be expected to talk. Perhaps you can provide some information from either Firefox or gnopernicus output.

There are plans to bring accessibility fixes into Firefox, but I don't know the current status of that work. Certainly the goal is to improve access of Firefox overall, beyond what today's Sun-Mozilla build can do.
Bill

Jason Grieves wrote:

Hi Bill,

But even in Ubuntu firefox talks. Though caret navigation isn't as good as what JAWS does today, its still better than nothing.

The Accessiblity Modfied Mozilla will solve this problem? Is there plans to bring the fixes into Firefox?

Thanks,

Jason