Re: test-speech

Let me recap what I have done to test my Gnome 2.10 gnome-speech /
Festival problem.

First, I can play wave files:

aplay /usr/share/system-config-soundcard/sound-sample.wav

Second, I can run the Festival client:

lsb_release -d | festival -b --tts

Here is where things start going wrong for me.  When I run "test-speech"
I expect to hear the voice options of Kevin and Kal, then the options of
which tests to run, finally is expect to hear "good bye" from exiting
with option 0.

test-speech
1
all
1
0

Lastly, I cannot get festival_client to work for me on Gnome 2.10 nor on
a working stock Fedora Core 3 with Gnome 2.8 (however, gnopernicus and
gnome-speech work fine).

cat - << FESTIVAL
(SayText "Hello.")
FESTIVAL | festival_client

Anyone have any additional tests too probe my system for more clues?

Thanks,

--
George (gk4)