test-speech

I've recently built Gnome 2.10 and I'm trying to get speech working, so
I would like to ask for some debugging help.

On my hosting Fedora Core 3 system, "gnopernicus -s" works fine.

When I login using my jhbuild built Gnome 2.10, then the "gnopericus -s"
command outputs "speech initialization succeded"; however, I expected to
hear "create window gnopernicus ...".  I don't hear anything.

Festival appears to be working fine:

lsb_release -a | festival -b --tts

Gnome-speech seems to be the problem; however, I'm not familiar with the
tool:

test-speech \n 1 \n m \n all \n 1 \n 0 \n

Are there any system logs that I should be looking at?  Any advise would
be appreciated.

--
George (gk4)