Is this feature available in Gnopernicus?

Lets take gedit as the example. Can gnopernicus read out the text
written in a file opened in gedit (assuming gedit is a standard gtk+
application and that we need more than reading out menu names etc.)?
Or would application have to integrate with gnome-speech?

I have gone through the introduction to Gnopernicus.mp3 and am trying
to install/compile/configure gnopernicus for my old Red Hat Linux 9
(there are no rpms available etc.)

I need to provide/figure out availability of read-out feature for
'text' present in my application, not just what is the name of the
menu etc, that I believe would be pointed to out by gnopernicus.

Please help/guide as this question affects the basic design/way forward for me.

--
Aditya Kumar Pandey
Contact:  9868263500; 011-25165432