Re: Question: videos about gesture steering and GOK

Hi Michael,

Great to hear of your interest in the mighty GOK.

I'm not aware of the term gesture steering as it might apply to GOK. GOK is an on-screen keyboard suite. The keys do not move around like the letters and words in Dasher. There are many ways GOK users can select keys on the GOK keyboard. I recommend this page for details (http://callcentre.education.ed.ac.uk/SEN/5-14/Special_Acc_FFA/On-screen_FFB/on-screen_ffb.html)

Unfortunately we don't have video of GOK users (it can be difficult to get permission to film GOK users here). If you find any such video please pass it along.

Also, if you run into any snags with GOK, please don't hesitate to email me and/or the list.

cheers,

David

Michael Zacherle wrote:

Hello all,

please forgive me if this mail is a little bit off topic, but I didn't
find a better list.

I'm looking for videos about gesture steering and about using GOK. Could
someone please send me a link? I want to do a workshop about
accessibility of homepages here at the university and would like to show
some videos of disabled users working with their computer. Blind and
partially sighted users will show this "live", but for the rest a video
would be enough.

I found some dasher videos, but I'm lost about guesture steering and
GOK. Maybe someone has other ideas, too? Thanks in advance!

Michael