Re: problems using gnopernicus

Hi.
No, your assumption is incorrect: I'm using gentoo, and currently it doesn't have a /etc/init.d/gdm connection; am working on figuring that out.

You said it would change to user gdm; so what do I do at the beep; do I type gdm for user; if so, do I need a password?

Altf-f1 etc. haven't been doing anything. by cursoring should I assume you mean up and down arrow? Also, does anybody know how I can tell in gentoo what my default window manager is? There are scripts but looking at them isn't helping me to figure out what window manager is being used. It's possible it's defaulting to twm and that could be causing some of my problems.

I'd still like to know reasons why the braille display can't be initialized. I do have my brlapi.key set up.
Thanks.

--
Cheryl