Re: Solaris 10 released, with accessibility built-in! Also FreeTTS1.2 released.

Ken Perry writes:

 > One question I did down load solaris 10 and am going to try it out as
 > soon as I get a free drive which should be rather soon.  I don't see an
 > accessible install doc anywhere.  does solaris install talk?  If so is
 > there some place I can go to read how it works?

I don't know whether the installation program is accessible, but it is
apparently possible to specify all of the installation parameters in a
configuration file, allowing the entire process to proceed without
manual intervention.

Also, when the open-source version of Solaris 10 becomes available
(http://www.opensolaris.org/) later this year, the developers of the
Gentoo Linux distribution are planning to make available a Gentoo
distribution of Solaris. Under Gentoo, the installation is all carried
out manually - from a shell prompt, so if you can run the required
braille or speech software from a live Gentoo CD you can then carry
out the installation process from there.