Opencalc 1.1.4?

Hi,
I have been attempting to convert my MS Excel spreadsheets to Opencalc
1.1.4, but I have found something has seriously broken either with
gnopernicus or open calc with the latest releases.
In Opencalc 1.1.2 or so I could arrow around the spreadsheet and hear
gnopernicus say a1, b1, c1, etc.Since upgrading everything to Mandriva and
Gnome 2.8.3, and Opencalc 1.1.4 all I get when arrowing around the cells is
label, label, label, no matter what the cell name is or what is in the cell.
Anyway, is there any suggestions or help? Urgently, hoping to be able to
resolve this. Smile.
Thanks.