Re: Keyboard access to the Gnome Panel Notification area

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 09:53 +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:

> TAB, Shift-TAB, arrow keys.  Control-TAB to get out of panel widgets
> that grab "TAB" for their own purposes.  IOW, just like the rest of Gnome.

It should be, although in Ubuntu Breezy at least (that's all I have
access to right at the moment), focus seems to disappear when it reaches
the notification area, and you can't get it back :/  Will need to check
this on CVS HEAD.

Focusing the notification area certainly used to work, but I'm not sure
if it was ever fixed to allow you to focus its icons individually--
internally, at least, the contents of the notification area just used to
be (and possibly still are) a single pixmap.  Can't find the bug about
that right now to check, though.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group