Re: SUSE 9.3 professional and Gnopernicus

Hi,

Janina Sajka, le Wed 06 Jul 2005 12:51:11 -0500, a écrit :
> Sounds like another reason to engage Marco Skambraks in a forward
> looking discussion.
>
> I would doubt he's ready to leave suse-blinux for brltty, but maybe
> there's a convergence that can be agreed at some future point?
>
> More to the point today, can brltty coexist with sbl, at least to the
> point of getting the benefit of brlapi for gnopernicus on the Suse
> desktop? Seems this should be achievable in the shorter term.

You have the problem of who gets the access to the braille display at
which time, which is solved by BrlAPI.

Merging suseblinux & brltty might be nice (merging the braille driver
databases and screen reading capability), but I'm not sure that either
party (Dave & Marco) want that.

And we (BrlAPI people) plan to try to add BrlAPI capability to
suse-blinux sometime, in which case it would be able to be used for
gnopernicus.

Regards,
Samuel