More on Dectalk and Gnopernicus, Response From Access Solutions

    Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone for assisting with this problem.  I wonder if you could perhaps help me to better explain the problem to the support people at Access Solutions, the maker of Dectalk USB.  I received the following message from Mike Cozzolino, mike axsol com,  from Access Solutions Support.  I'm not sure what he means by bootstrap mode for the Dectalk.  Please see below.

Thanks,

Beth

hi Beth:

I just passed your e-mail to our engineering team. we appreciate the opportunity to investigate your very strange problem. we can't foresee all of the combinations of commands that may be sent to the serial port. you may be sending a valid stream of data that causes the dectalk usb to go in boot strap mode. we will do our best to come up with the problem and find a fix for it. take care and thanks again c u mike