(no subject)

Hi again Bill,

When information was sent to the Dectalk by Gnopernicus, it was not a one or two character string, the Dectalk produced garbage characters for at least 3 minutes while I tried to figure out what went wrong. I should say that I got the problem twice. The first time I turned the Dectalk off and then back on and after that Speakup or Windows would not recognize that the Dectalk was there. It happened again when the sighted person who was assisting me tried to get Gnopernicus running so that I would at least have some speech access and he ended up turning the Dectalk on again without me knowing thinking it would make Gnopernicus talk. This is when it ran for 3 minutes, not something I would recommend.<smile> I've run the firmware installation 3 separate times on the Dectalk USB to no avail, I am contacting tech support today to see what can be done because I am currently out of commission without it right now.

Beth