Re: Gnopernicus Sending Output to Serial Device Crashes Hardware Synthesizer

Hi:

Kenny said 'I have not enabled braille in gnopernicus', but the bug report seems to indicate that 'screen reader' may be been enabled from the
'Desktop Preferences->Accessibility->Assistive Technology Support' dialog.
This dialog turns on both gnopernicus speech and braille.

Kenny, can you run this command to confirm that gnopernicus braille is turned on, as I suspect it is?

gconftool-2 -g /apps/gnopernicus/srcore/br_active

I am suspecting that it will return 'true'. If it does, please try turning it off with

gconftool-2 -s -t bool /apps/gnopernicus/srcore/br_active false

And see if this solves your problem. If you still need braille, you should be able to configure it to use the correct serial port from the gnopernicus GUI, once you've got speech working with the above fix.

I'll ask for more details in the bug report, but since you are having some problems accessing bugzilla I will ask here - please also report the result of

gconftool-2 -R /apps/gnopernicus/braille

regards

Bill