Re: cut-and-paste in gnome-terminal

George Kraft wrote:

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 18:55 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
There are numerous applications in which selectable text is difficult or impossible to select via the keyboard. The text APIs give us a reliable way of both selecting the text (when that's what's necessary) and copying the text (when what we really want is cut-and-paste), so I think having orca and gnopernicus implement their own text "clipboard" would be a very powerful feature.

Would it make sense to model an AtkClipboard set of routines modeled
after the Motif clipboard?  Then gnopernicus, orca, or any other AT can
read the clipboard which was set by an application via Atk.
My initial reaction is 'no', for several reasons:

* it would require the apps to interact with this clipboard, which breaks the normal model for ATK (i.e. apps can go about their normal business without explicitly anticipating the ATs requests) * the AT is the user-agent which knows when to interact with the clipboard, and what to put into it. * the current AtkText API contains all of the required interfaces for implementing a text clipboard in the AT client.

As far as a multi-mimetype clipboard is concerned, that could be achieved with AtkStreamableContent/AccessibleStreamableContent, though there are few existing implementations of this API so far.

- Bill

http://docs.hp.com/en/B1171-90145/apa.html