Re: gnome-speech stability with the DECtalk driver.

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 07:53:52AM +1100, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 03:14:02AM EST, Kenny Hitt wrote:
> > Hi.  Is anyone else experiencing crashes when they use the DECtalk
> > driver with gnome-speech?
> > I'm running gnome-speech 0.3.6 with DECtalk software version 5.0, gnome
> > 2.8, and gnopernicus 0.9.
>
> yes I get the same crashes whenever I use DecTalk with Gnopernicus for a
> varied period of time. I find I have to kill a gnome speech process
> before restarting Gnopernicus to use it again.

Hi.  I guess that means my next question is: what would be a good way to
try to debug the problem?

I tried downgrading to DECtalk 4.6 and I still get the same results.  I
still don't understand gnome-speech code, but I haven't seen any easy
way to debug it.

          Kenny