Screen Reader Visibility Test:

[This message is top-posted with the test referenced in-line].

Given the nature of this list, I thought some may be interested in
providing feedback on the screen reader visibility test linked below.
I noted that I did not see any Linux based submissions and thought the
group might like to participate. It might be an way in which the growing
accessibility under gnome can be viewed by others.

Regards,

Norman

=======

Hello,

reminder: access-matters.com has a series of test cases that they would
like people to run and provide results.

For example, "Screen Reader Visibility Test Results." [1]  contains 12
test
cases to "understand how screen readers and other assistive technology
react to different methods of hiding information from visual
display."  Results are displayed for 14 user agents (some results are
partial, i.e., only 2 of the 12 tests).

And, "Quiz 4.1.4: JavaScript - part 1" [2]  which "will attempt to find
out
what screen readers actually do with various JavaScript events by using
series of test cases which break things down to small test areas. This
first case focuses on navigation among links. It handles a range of
different keyboard, mouse and UI events, and creates a log of every
event
that's recorded, so that we can determine which events are generated by
different devices."

It takes just a few minutes to complete the tests.  Please pass this on
so
that they get as much feedback as possible.

[1] <http://www.access-matters.com/screen-reader-test-results/>
[2]
<http://www.access-matters.com/2005/07/28/quiz-414-how-do-javascript-ope
rations-affect-accessibility-part-1/>