Re: Accessibility frustrations

Yes, I had the same problem than you. Festival 1.95 only allows
connections from "localhost" as defined by its default configuration
file, but the code checking this only gets the first entry for a
hostname, so if you have something before localhost on your /etc/hosts
file, it fails. I think this is a bug on festival, but gnome-speech
festival backend should be more robust against this errors.

Salu2