Re: Gnopernicus not working on fresh ubuntu install

On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 19:34, Bram Duvigneau wrote:

> I just installed an ubuntu system for one of my friends who would
> like to play with gnopernicus. Because I haven't downloade an iso of
> the hoary release, I installed from a worthy cd and upgraded to hoary.
> After this, I've installed festival, gnopernicus and esound-clients.
> I've enabled accessibility support by setting the correct gconf-key.
> Then I ran esddsp festival --server to let the sounds of the desktop
> and festival co-operate well. I started gnopernicus with gnopernicus
> -s, but it just didn't speak. I got the gnopernicus window, but
> festival just kept silent. Any ideas about this  behavior?

FWIW, I have festival installed on Ubuntu too (on a Mac Powerbook G4),
and I've never managed to get it to say a word either, either with or
without gnopernicus.  So I wouldn't rule out a problem with the Ubuntu
festival packages.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group