Re: [g-a-devel] first attempt at a doc to help with Braille support in Gnopernicus

[quoted lines by Kenny Hitt on 2005/04/09 at 10:25 -0500]

>I didn't like the initial defaults.  When I tried to
>change them, I ran into problems because I tried to map my display to
>more closely act like it does in the console.  Mapping display left and
>display right to functions like BRL_CMD_FWINLT and BRL_CMD_FWINRT are
>more useful with my 40 cell display.

The current mappings are still our initial crack at them made some time ago.
They're certainly far from perfect. This latest thread has reminded me that
it's time to have another look at them. Perhaps this is something you can do
for us. When you finally figure out what you think the best mappings are then
please send them to me. I'm sure that improving the default bindings would be
appreciated by all.

>BTW, I notice you don't mention anything about gdm.  I've found I can
>set environment variables in a ~/.gnomerc file so they work in the gdm
>login.

That documenation was written before Gnopernicus was more closely integrated.
Another area where you could be of great help is to go through that whole file
and let me know what's wrong, what's missing, what's unclear, etc. I'll be glad
to update it.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.