Re: festival and gnome-speech

Aditya Pandey wrote:

Also, may be you could try changing the oafserver iid from
OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Festival:proto0.3
to OAFIID:GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Festival:proto0.2
present in /usr/lib/bonobo/servers/ or /usr/local/lib/bonobo/servers.
Since test-speech is already listing the festival driver, I don't think this is the problem. If this _is_ the problem, it indicates that your distro has bundled incompatible versions of gnome-speech and gnopernicus.

Then do test-speech, and see if it works.

I don't know what's in Fedora Core 3, and have not tested it, so I can't help much either. Does 'festival_client' work? You may wish to consult this email thread, if don't recall it:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-accessibility-list/2005-March/msg00095.html

- Bill