Re: Mozilla successes.

Regarding the Java SDK download:

The SDK download, like much Java support, probably doesn't use
"standard" system interfaces for this on Windows.  In the Java world,
particularly with more modern Java toolkit versions, the information
needed by screenreaders needs to be provided via a different channel.
That's why explicit support for the Java Accessibility interfaces is
important in Windows screenreaders.

In the Unix/Linux world this is the case for 'everything' graphical -
screenreaders are listening for APIs, not snooping system calls.  It
sounds to me as if there are missing API implementations, or perhaps
just a 'missing link' between APIs, when downloading the SDK.  It will
take a little investigation to discover just who/what is rendering the
"inaccessible" window, and why the information isn't being reported.

regards

Bill