Re: [g-a-devel] success with gnopernicus 0.8.4 Gnome 2.6 in Debian

Kenny:

As Peter said, it's very hard to imagine a situation in which Sun's Java impacts Gnome Accessibility in general. The Java VM is only used by OpenOffice. I don't think Mozilla even automatically uses a new Java VM when you install it - though I may be wrong about that. In any case, Mozilla accessibility doesn't use or even touch the Java stuff.

The java binaries/libraries are normally placed in /usr/java, so you can remove them physically by removing the directory. There is a small possibility that this could require some reconfiguration to Mozilla, if Mozilla was smart enough to detect and use the new Java, but I don't have details about that.

- Bill

Kenny Hitt wrote:
Because of Sun's license, there isn't a Debian package.  You run the
install script that's part of Sun's Java.  That's why I want a way to
uninstall if it breaks things.
For the record, apt-get remove packagename will remove packagename in
Debian.

          Kenny